Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 17th, 2006 at 3:38 pm
The situation with Jammin’ 95.5 and their Playhouse morning show continues to escalate. The posts have been linked to from all over the web, I have talked with the head of the League of American Bicyclists, the BTA, PDOT, and the local media. The word is spreading very quickly.
The problem is that I’m not sure where to go from here. This is where being the editor of this site gets tricky because I am both a community advocate and a journalist. While I want to do what’s in the best interest of the community, I also want to keep you informed as much as possible. The trick is to do this without inciting any more anger.
It’s a learning process for sure.
I hope that in the coming days we will hear from community leaders, but in the meantime I’d like to hear your ideas for a good course of action. I’ve outlined some thoughts I’ve gleaned from my own head, from conversations and from all the comments that have come in so far.
I’d like to know what you think we should do to resolve this situation and move forward as a community.
- Should we organize a large-scale protest? If so, what form should it take?
- Should we just ignore everything and hope everyone just forgets about it?
- Should we show up on July 22nd at their big party picnic at Grant Park? If so, what sort of presence should we have?
- Should we seek legal assistance and make them turn over the broadcast in question (that they are currently hiding)?
- Should we try and work with the station or are they beyond approach?
These are just a few ideas. I would love to hear from you.