New framebuilder in town

Just reading Molly’s latest post and noticed a link to Pereira Cycles. Tony Pereira is a small framebuilder who moved from Salt Lake City into a new shop in Southeast Portland just a few weeks ago.

He joins an impressive list of Portland framebuilders:

The bike industry is alive and well in Portland. Check out my links page for more local bike companies.

Notify of
guest
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
Caroline
16 years ago

There were some good Paquini frame photos up at http://www.veloshop.org/welcome.php (link off upper left of page), but the link is bad now. I can’t dig it up. Molly?

Dabby
Dabby
16 years ago

I beleie sir that you left out the great Matty Schwar in your list of frame builders.
A old school portland bike messenger (for years),
And great frame builder, Matty, has already impressed us with his frames, and I myself am awaiting a single speed conversion on my Fat Chance. He says I am next in line (Fat chance?), But I know it will be worth the wait, as a great man will surely build great bikes……
Jonathan, I have some pic links for you that you might like to check out, I will try to email them to you later tonight.

tonythemonk
16 years ago

What about this guy. A simple search brought up http://www.jonesbikes.com/

29er

Adams Carroll (News Intern)
16 years ago

Caroline,
Yeah, I noticed that link was down…thanks for the checking though.

Dabby,
I never said it was a complete list! Really though, I haven’t heard of Matty Schwar so thanks for the tip.

tonythemonk,
Yeah, definitely know about Jeff Jones. I talk to him every year at the Interbike show. He’s doing very well with his “H-Bar” and his designs are widely respected…but he’s based out of Medford, which is on the other end of the state. Nothing wrong with that, I just like to focus on Portland.

Dabby
Dabby
16 years ago

I believe you may have seen the beautiful gold track bike at the NACCC race course. It was on display. That was made by Matty. And the grand prize was a Schwar track frame and fork, highly coveted.
Yes not a complete list of course, excuse me………
How could I ever assume?
RIDE BIKES THROW BRICKS!!!

timothy