Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 9th, 2015 at 12:43 pm
As promised last month, all this week, Michael Andersen and I will be working and riding in Southwest Portland. The goal is to gain a better understanding of that part of our city (its people and places), and share what we learn and see with all of you.
The weather, topography, and distance from both of our houses (I live in north Portland, Michael lives in northeast) will make things a bit more challenging, but that’s all part of the experience.
Before we get things started, here’s how our story list is shaping up:
- A jaunt up to Council Crest, one of Portland’s most iconic rides.
- A close-up look at the SW Corridor Plan.
- The latest on SW Barbur and what next steps will activists have to take to make changes happen.
- Bike shop visits and news updates (there’s some big news to share!).
- Places to ride: A look at the best pubs, cafes, parks and other destinations.
- People on Bikes, SW Portland edition.
- A special edition of our Friday Profile with a southwest theme.
- The good, the bad, and the ugly of southwest Portland bikeways.
We’re excited to learn more about this great part of our city. We’ll also be posting to Twitter (using #swpdxbikes) so make sure you follow along there too.
We’ll be here in Southwest all week! And join us Friday afternoon for a BikePortland Get Together and social hour at the Lucky Labrador Public House in Multnomah Village (7675 SW Capitol Hwy) from 4:00 – 6:30pm.