Yesterday I stopped by City Hall to check in on preparations for tonight’s Made in Portland Bike Show and Art Exhibition.
I hope you can join us (it’s from 5-8PM) because we’ve put together an unprecedented gathering of bicycle-inspired art. Here are a few teasers.
- David “chops” Darby has three gorgeous new pieces (see below) hanging in Commissioner Adams’ lobby.
- Renaissance man Shaun Deller, who you probably know for his popular cycling caps and Edible Plants Tour, unveiled two amazing continuous line drawings.
- Late addition Lyla Emery Reno will show her engaging black and white images of our creative bike culture.
from Lyla Emery Reno.]
And don’t forget, we’ll also have:
- the first-ever gathering of Portland’s independent bike builders.
- a special appearance by Chris King Components (and Mr. King might show up around 6:30).
- free pizza from Hotlips, and free beer from the Widmer Brothers (thanks Rob!).
- a projector screening of the Tour de France (thanks to Dat).
- a gathering of freak bikes in front of City Hall.
It’s all happening tonight from 5-8PM at 1221 SW Fourth Street in downtown Portland…see you there!