B:C:Clettes spread the love at the Clown House

Posted by on August 31st, 2007 at 9:55 am

Created with Admarket’s flickrSLiDR.

The Vancouver, BC-based B:C:Clettes (also on MySpace) strutted their stuff at the Alberta Street Clown House last night for hundreds of Last Thursday revelers.

The B.C. Clettes-17
View Gallery
(Photos by Jonathan Maus)

Their performance part of a fitting goodbye (I didn’t stay all night) for the Clown House. Dingo, Will (who unfortunately got arrested last night), Caffeine, and the rest of the crew are moving out at the end of the month.

A tangible sign of the ever-growing bike-cultural exchange between Portland and Vancouver, the B:C:Clettes were formed last year after a few bike-loving ladies saw a performance our very own Sprockettes.

That spark has turned into a fire and now the ‘Clettes have an identity, style, and flare all there own. Last night they had tons of energy and the crowd loved their set.

They’re just finishing up their two-week Velo-City tour that has taken them up and down the west coast as far south as Los Angeles.

From September 21-24, they’ll be hosting many Portlanders (including the Maus family!) who make an annual pilgrimage north for Vancouver’s Velomutation event.

If you ever get a chance to see the B:C:Clettes, don’t miss it!

Comments
  • Bearhat August 31, 2007 at 10:37 am

thanks a bunch for the photos! much love to the B:C:Clettes!

• Murray August 31, 2007 at 1:30 pm

Any idea where/how I can get one of those cool \”Biker\” T-shirts some of the ladies are sporting in the pics?

• Bearhat August 31, 2007 at 3:14 pm

Murray- I would contact the gals through Myspace and they probably can let you know how to get a shirt. The link to their page is in the article.

• Murray August 31, 2007 at 5:50 pm

Bearhat,

Thanks for the tip!

• gabriel amadeus August 31, 2007 at 7:13 pm

The Biker shits are done in a new design each year through the totally rad bike shop/org \”Pedalplay\” in Vancouver. Pedalplay is pretty much the \”shift\” of vancouver I think. They host parties, fests, workshops, etc.

or:
    pedalplay@gmail.com

in fact they are hosting their biggest and best bike weekend on Sept 20-23, Velomutations… come on up! There will be big portland contingent as always!

• Will September 1, 2007 at 3:18 am

I\’m out of jail. I have a court date. there is a cut on my hand from the officer physically interfereing with my job [as a clown] before making any other effort to engage me. It is my right biking finger but I\’ve been ride\’n around just fine since they set me free.

On a clearly positive note I have been tested negative for Cop Cooties.

You can follow the story here.

• [...] B:C:Clettes spread the love at the Clown House [...]