Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 9th, 2006 at 9:11 pm
The bike move crew was it again today...and this time, it was all about puppets. Bruce Orr and Carla Forte are local artists and puppeteers who needed to move their stuff (which included a bunch of silly puppet props) from the Mississippi area to St. Johns.
The puppets definitely added to the usual silliness and fun. Here's a few notes and links to photos:
- I think there were about 25 people (here's a fun group photo).
- Two reporters showed (here's the Oregonian story).
- Sara Stout showed up with her massive, green sidecar-go bike. She brought along a game of tennis, a few harmonicas, and her lovely dog, Betty.
- Elly Blue donned a full-body shark costume along with her signature tie.
- Robert had the most impressive load, including a full bed with box-spring and matress.
- Eleni had a great time playing with puppets and catching up on some sleep.
- The Folz Family showed up, fresh off their Asian bike adventure.
It was a fantastic day to move by bike!
I took hundreds of photos (I know, I'm sick) but went through and selected just the very best ones for my Puppet Parade Bike Move photo gallery. Hope you enjoy the photos and maybe we'll see you out there next time.