Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 24th, 2015 at 11:56 am
Check out the details in the press release below.
THE NEW TORCH SOCKS ARE THE ULTIMATE IN PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT
Though designed with cyclists in mind, the new merino-wool-blend Torch Socks are perfect for a variety of athletic pursuits, with a new level of comfort, a compression fit, durable construction, and hi-viz elements.
Portland, OR | April 21, 2015 — This brilliant addition to the Showers Pass sock line is called the Torch not only because it’s warm but because it shines brightly in the darkness: new 3M Scotchlight reflective technology is four-way stretch, so it won’t crack, plus it features amazing 500-candlepower reflectivity for high visibility in low light conditions. The Torch Socks are also smart design in action, constructed with a unique engineered blend of fibers—merino wool, acrylic, polyester, nylon, and Lycra—for optimal comfort and performance. The strategic mix of materials offers the perfect amount of breathability, stretch, compression, and durability.
Unlike screen-printed reflective ink, the Torch Socks’ 3M Scotchlight reflective heat transfer is much brighter. It’s also more durable, having been tested to show no sign of reduced reflectivity after 20 washes. Zone-padded heel and toe areas offer thicker, reinforced protection against wear, while a thinner knit pattern at the top of the foot, in the shoe-tongue zone, offers a trim anatomical fit for maximum comfort in cycling and running shoes. The engineered compression pattern at the arch and Achilles tendon is designed to boost circulation while offering comfortable support, and a body-mapped open-knit pattern delivers optimal breathability in the areas where feet perspire most.
Showers Pass president Kyle Ranson says, “I ran the Shamrock Half Marathon in our new Torch Socks and was thrilled with their performance. It rained for most of the run, but my feet stayed warm, the socks maintained their integrity and stability, staying comfortably in place, and I made it through a very wet run with no blisters. Plus, I could relax knowing I was visible to drivers as it got dark. We think these will quickly become your favorite socks for athletic activities.”
• Highly reflective 3M 4-way stretch logo just above Achilles tendon for nighttime visibility
• Anatomical design delivers an unbeatable fit and feel
• Compression pattern at arch and Achilles tendon
• Zone padded areas around the toe, heel, and ball of the foot for durability and comfort
• Top bands add comfort and keep socks in place
• Flexible tongue zone minimizes fabric at the top of the foot, for superior flexibility
• Extra-flat toe seam eliminates pressure points and hot spots
• Nylon components dry quickly, breathe well, and increase durability and longevity
• Soft merino wool breathes well, helps regulate body temperature, and is naturally odor-resistant
• Heat and moisture management keeps your feet cool, dry, and comfortable
• Close-fitting padding provides stability and shock absorption for stop-and-go movements and protects against blisters
The Showers Pass Torch Socks retail for $15.95 for ankle height and $17.95 for crew height and will be available May 6th in White, Charcoal, Black, and Bordeaux red, sizes SM/MD, MD/LG, and LG/XL, to fit a range of men’s and women’s shoe sizes, from US6 to US13.
— More local industry news in the Ticker archives.