30 local artists who will take
part in Artcrank.
(Photos © J. Maus)
Artcrank, a bicycle-themed poster art show premiering in Portland next month, has selected the local artists that will take part in the event.
The 31 artists will sell their work for $30 per print, with $5 of each sale going directly to Portland-based non-profit Bikes to Rwanda. The event will be held from 5:00 to 11:00 pm on Thursday, October 1st at The Cleaners at the Ace Hotel (403 SW 10th Ave.).
Among the artists selected to take part in the show are several whose names you might recognize for their previous work in the bike scene and/or as vendors at our annual BikeCraft event. They include:
- Tiago DeJerk, known for his stencil paintings that you can see at Cyclepath Bike Shop on N. MLK Jr. Blvd. (among other places);
- Melissa Anders, who, besides being a talented freak bike builder and member of the Dropout Bike Club, also makes a variety of bike-inspired crafts and gifts;
- Shawn Granton, who, in addition to his illustration skills, is known for his knowledge of urban history, his contributions to Momentum Magazine, and his many popular zines;
- Justa Phillips, who took part in our first BikeCraft back in 2005 and created the 2009 Pedalpalooza poster;
- and Ben Parsons, who has created a series of screen prints based on Portland bike scenes.