The City of Portland Office of Transportation has just announced a series of Bike Safety Leadership Workshops coming directly to your neighborhood. The Workshops will include:
- a presentation about bicycle safety (including bike crash map information)
- a bicycle ride to locations emblematic of issues related to bicycle safety in the district
- a re-group for a discussion about some of the more challenging questions (e.g., how do we respond as a community after a fatality? how do neighborhoods better access Transportation or Police services? etc).
The idea is to build a bicycle safety group in each neighborhood that has a common understanding of bike safety issues and to enable a bicycle liaison in the Police precincts.
The schedule for the Workshops is:
- Friday, 8/26, 9-12:00: Southeast Uplift (SEUL) 3534 SE Main Fireside Room
- Thursday, 9/1 from 1-5: Central North Neighborhoods (CNN) 4415 NE 87th in the Community Room
- Friday, 9/9 from 1-5: North Portland Neighborhood Services (NPNS) (Kenton Firehouse, 8105 N Brandon)
- Thursday, 9/15 from 1-5: East Portland Neighborhood (EPNO) East Precinct Community Room
- Thursday, 9/22 from 9-12: Northeast Coalition of Neighbors (NECN) 4815 NE 7th, Community Room
If you have any questions contact Greg Raisman at the Portland Office of Transportation, (503) 823-1052 or email Greg.Raisman [@] pdxtrans.org