Posted by Michael Andersen (News Editor) on June 8th, 2013 at 1:58 pm
1) It’s not about sex. The WNBR is about loving your body, loving low-car or car-free life, demonstrating the power of bikes in mass motion, metaphorically conveying the vulnerability of people on bikes, experiencing the city in a new way and loving the friends and new friends you’ll see before, during and after. And although all of those things are almost certainly good for your sex life, you’ll be surprised how much fun nudity (or near-nudity) is without sex.
2) Nobody cares that your body is not perfect. Nobody’s body is perfect, so for one night, everybody’s body gets to be perfect.
3) Read the fine print. We did a post on Thursday with all the details. I really liked the Mercury’s brief Naked Biking 101 article, too — look for it in their PedalPalooza calendar.
4) It’s okay not to be into naked bike riding. WNBR is not everybody’s thing and you should not feel bad if it’s not your thing. But you definitely shouldn’t knock it until you’ve tried it.
5) This thing is going to be off the chain. The World Naked Bike Ride hasn’t seen this beautiful of weather in years. The crowd is going to be a sight to see.