Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on August 20th, 2007 at 12:42 pm
I just got off the phone with the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office, where the case of Johnny Eschweiler (the driver in Friday’s road rage incident) is being processed.
Eschweiler will be arraigned later today at the Justice Center in downtown Portland. Here are the official charges that will be brought against him:
2 counts of Assault 2:
- ORS 163.175 Assault in the second degree.
(1) A person commits the crime of assault in the second degree if the person:
(a) Intentionally or knowingly causes serious physical injury to another; or
(b) Intentionally or knowingly causes physical injury to another by means of a deadly or dangerous weapon; or
(c) Recklessly causes serious physical injury to another by means of a deadly or dangerous weapon under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.
(2) Assault in the second degree is a Class B felony.
2 counts of Assault 1:
- ORS 163.185 Assault in the first degree.
(1) A person commits the crime of assault in the first degree if the person intentionally causes serious physical injury to another by means of a deadly or dangerous weapon.
(2) Assault in the first degree is a Class A felony.
In the state of Oregon, a Class A felony is punishable by up to 20 years and a $100,000 fine. The Class B felony charge could add up to 10 years and another $100,000.