Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on June 15th, 2016 at 2:39 pm
Job Title *
Job Description *
Position Type: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week. Requires flexibility season to season to accommodate the needs of Cycle Oregon events.
Cycle Oregon is a non-profit organization dedicated to transforming individuals and communities through bicycling. Proceeds from the ride go to the Cycle Oregon Fund, which helps preserve and protect the special places of Oregon and supports community development projects in the regions through which we ride.
Cycle Oregon is seeking an experienced Office Manager with at least 3 years of experience in non-profit finance to support the financial and administrative operations. This position also provides on-event support and requires some over-night travel.
The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the financial records; performs accounting duties of simple to moderate complexity; provides administrative duties in the areas of human resources and information technology as follows:
Finance and administration responsibilities
• Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, performs accounting to ensure accurate processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Maintains, reconciles, and analyzes the general ledger on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and prepares financial statements.
• Classify payments by program and write checks; ensure that invoices are collected and follow up on outstanding receivables in a timely manner
• Review and monitor credit card expenses and reconcile bank accounts
• Assists in preparing annual budget
• Compile and organize information for annual audit of financial statements; implement changes recommended by BOD, Finance Committee, auditor, etc.
• Manage vendor contracts. Respond to inquiries from vendors and resolve issues
• Manage the communication of financial results to the Executive Director including explanation and analysis of results
• Ensure that receipt, safeguarding, disbursement, and recording of funds comply with generally accepted accounting practices.
• Assist with inventory management; purchase and replace inventory under the supervision of the Executive Director; conduct periodic inventory on fixed assets.
• Provide administrative support and general clerical duties for Cycle Oregon team including duties related to vendors and donors.
• Provide meeting support to the Board of Directors
• Legal compliance with federal, state and local requirements
• Maintain human resources records; on-board new hires
• Train internal staff on office protocols and processes
• Provide benefits administration in the areas of open enrollment, employee eligibility, etc.
IT and Risk Management
• Keep informed about technology improvements that will increase efficiency
• Ensure smooth operations of information technology and systems designed to support Cycle Oregon events and staff
• Ensure Cycle Oregon has a full range of adequate insurance that mitigates risk of losses
• Maintain information about emergency preparedness for the office; train staff in procedures
• Records retention
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or related field. Minimum of 3 years of nonprofit work experience in a non-profit accounting, bookkeeping/finance environment
• High proficiency with QuickBooks, Xero or other online accounting system and Microsoft Excel
• Suggest efficiencies in processes and procedures, and implement those that are approved
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills to interact with staff and external partners
• Flexible and a self-starter; highly detail-oriented
• Team player who is enthusiastic about organization and team success
• Ability and comfort in working in a varied and fast-paced environment
Salary and Status: This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Hourly rate: $17-18.
How to Apply *
To apply please send your cover letter, resume, three references and responses to the following questions:
• Describe your preferred communication and work style.
• How do you demonstrate commitment to a small team environment where everyone wears several hats?
To apply send your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.