Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on June 15th, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Job Title *
Bike Shop Manager
WashCo BTC’s Community Bike Center
Job Description *
The non-profit Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition (WashCo BTC) operates the Community Bike Center (CBC) in downtown Hillsboro to sell refurbished bikes and related parts and accessories, as well as full bike service. We’re seeking an experienced Shop Manager to run the business including:
• Supervise shop employees.
• Recruit, schedule and supervise volunteers (Intel groups, individual bike mechanics, etc.).
• Sell bikes and related merchandise at retail.
• Order parts, accessories, tools and supplies, as needed.
• Receive, sort and store donated bikes and prioritize them for refurbishment.
• Manage all shop inventory and shop-owned tools and equipment.
• Promote the business by advertising bikes and services, as appropriate.
• Develop and implement processes to assure safety, productivity, and to support the business.
• Manage income and expenses to meet annual profit goals.
• Manage the point of sale system including cash on hand.
• Provide reports to the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors, as requested.
• Support WashCo BTC programs (loaner bikes, mechanic services at events, etc.).
• Perform basic bike repairs, when needed.
Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years related experience, excellent verbal and written communications, basic PC skills including familiarity with websites and social media. This is a permanent, part time position (approx., 30 hours per week). Salary depends experience and includes profit sharing.
Please send your qualified resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
How to Apply *
Contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send us your resume. This will be reviewed by our executive team and you will then be contacted.
Please include the best way to contact you.