Washington County Bicycle Transportation
Coalition, will help shape the plan.
(Photo © J. Maus/BikePortland)
One is a 22-member Interagency Coordinating Committee (ICC) representing Washington County’s local governments and service providers. The second is an 18-member Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) which includes several familiar names. (Note: In the interest of full disclosure, I am one of the CAC members. A full list of all members appears below.)
The two committees will meet and advise the Department of Land Use and Transportation to make sure the Transportation Plan fully addresses the needs of county residents.
In appointing the CAC, the Commissioners said in an official statement that, “The Board’s objective… was to achieve balanced representation from a range of transportation system stakeholder interests and a range of citizen perspectives from throughout the County.”
Over the course of the next 18-24 months the two committees will help identify current and future transportation needs in the county and lay out standards for roadways, transit systems, and facilities for biking and walking.
This is the kind of long-range planning that will set the foundation for major changes in Washington County. I’ll share more updates as the process moves along. For now, you can do some homework of your own by perusing Washington County’s Transportation Plan website.
Here’s the full list of Washington County Transportation Plan Update Citizen’s Advisory Commitee members:
- Hal Ballard (Executive Director of the Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition and Westside Transportation Alliance member)
- Mark Bauer (Hillsboro Chamber member)
- Bill Berg (CPO 6)
- Ernie Conway (Beaverton Bicycle Advisory Committee member and CPO 3)
- Bonnie Hadley (CPO 4B)
- Herb Hirst (Washington County Planning Commission)
- Faun Hosey (CPO 8)
- Ron Jamtgaard (CPO 1)
- John Malnerich (CPO 15)
- Kyle Malstrom (CPO 6, recent college graduate)
- Jake Mintz (CPO 1)
- Susan Otcenas (President of TeamEstrogen.com and Board Member of the Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA))
- Tom Re (CPO 5, food retailer)
- Jon Reimann (Westside Economic Alliance member)
- Monica Shumaker (CPO 4M)
- Will Vanlue (BikePortland.org contributor, Willamette Pedestrian Coalition member and CPO 4M)
- Matt Wellner (Homebuilders Association member)
- Peter Welte (Bike Walk Vote co-chair)
(Affliations listed above include information from a PDF of the Washington County Board Agenda from December 20th.)
— Read more Washington County bike news here. Contact Will Vanlue, will [at] bikeportland.org with tips and feedback.