Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on November 11th, 2011 at 12:00 pm
Retail Sales Manager
Fat Tire Farm
The Fat Tire Farm is the Northwest’s premier mountain bike shop and was recently selected by Bicycling magazine as one of the top 100 bike shops in the country. We’re a small shop with a highly-skilled, tight-knit staff, and are looking for a full-time sales manager who’ll be able to mix well with our crew. We’re a mountain bike shop, but we ride everything: downhill, street, road, DJ, trail, XC, BMX, ‘cross, and don’t judge riders of any discipline.
1. Previous bike shop experience (at least 3 years).
2. Previous supervisory/management experience.
3. Extensive current knowledge of a wide variety of bike types, particularly full-suspension mountain bikes, accessories, tools, etc.
4. Oral and written communication skills.
5. Inventory control experience.
6. Publicity and promotional skill including social media and print ad design.
1. Maintain high level of customer service.
2. Develop and maintain strict inventory control.
3. Place orders with vendors for both stock and special orders.
4. Coordinate work schedules to keep the bike shop adequately staffed during scheduled hours.
5. Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training new sales staff.
6. Continue training current staff to keep them up to date on current developments in the bicycle industry.
7. Conduct social media and print ad marketing.
8. Plan movie screenings, test-rides, group-rides, and other events.
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com.
NO WALK IN RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED.