Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 7th, 2010 at 9:43 am
This position has been filled.
Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Status: Regular, exempt position
Reports to: Executive Director
Starting Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 / year
Location: Portland, OR
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) is 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the mission of creating healthier, more sustainable communities by making bicycling safe, convenient and accessible. Our vision is to open minds and roads to bicycling.
The BTA is seeking an experienced, motivated, and passionate person to fill the position of Finance Director. The Finance Director is a key position at the BTA, working with the Board of Directors and its Finance Committee to ensure that the BTA holds a strong financial position and practices.
The Finance Director will oversee all organizational financial systems and processes by preparing and tracking financial documentation, including financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes of the organization and prepares financial analyses of operations for use by management. This person will be responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, accounting practices, the maintenance of fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports and the primary staff person to ensure that the BTA completes successful audits. The Finance Director will also coordinate and supervise the organizational operations at the BTA.
• Development and analysis of accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the operating effectiveness of the organization.
• Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions, assets, liabilities and equity accounts.
• Prepares reports that outline the company’s financial position in relation to established economic objectives and policies for the company.
• Directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts; implements and maintains other planning and control procedures; analyzes and reports variances.
• Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
• Manages day-to-day treasury duties, including daily cash management, investing, and other treasury duties as appropriate.
• Maintain QuickBooks accounting system and troubleshoot any system related issues.
• Ensures accuracy in calculating numbers.
• Prepares organization to be audited by outside Auditor.
• Maintains and updates fiscal policies and procedures.
• Manages all fiduciary and fiscal responsibilities related to insurance (liability, health, D&O, work comp) and personnel (payroll, BOLI, benefits, vacation).
• Manages timesheets, vacation accrual, and payroll.
• Administers personnel benefits including 401k, health and dental insurance.
• Oversees management and filing of invoices.
• Oversees management of all contracts, leases and legal documents.
• Oversees financial data entry and monthly reconciliations.
• Maintains and develops financial reports and records for board and staff.
• Complete assignments and/or agreements within deadlines.
• All other tasks and duties as assigned.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major.
• MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
• 2 – 6 years of progressively responsible business management and accounting experience, including management.
• Superior proficiency in the use of accounting and finance related software, including Excel and QuickBooks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with internal and external clients at a variety of levels and functions.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven leadership strengths and ability to mentor subordinates.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan tasks and delegate responsibility.
The Finance Director position has a starting salary range of $40,000 – $45,000/ year. We offer excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, a robust vacation and sick leave policy, and 401K enrollment. We would entertain candidates who would be interested in working 28-32 hours a week in this position if the candidate can demonstrate adequate work management skills.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume as well as a completed BTA application form in PDF format via email to email@example.com. No calls, please.
View job postings and download BTA application form at: http://bta4bikes.org/at_work/job-openings.php
The BTA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability or legal source of income.