Tour de Lab September 1st

NAHBS After-Party: Pints, Prizes, and a Benefit

Posted by on February 1st, 2008 at 12:46 pm

The list of after-parties and events going on after the lights go out at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show (NAHBS, February 8-10) is growing every day.

I haven’t had a chance to pull all the events together in one place yet (will do that soon), but I want to suggest a special get together on Saturday night that is near and dear to my heart. Read the flyer closely and you’ll find out why:

On Saturday night (2/9), local bike industry sales rep Michael Kloeppel has planned a benefit party for BikePortland.org (you might remember Michael from his amazing stolen bike recovery story I shared back in July).

Michael has worked with his clients and industry contacts to offer not just $2.50 New Belgium pints, but a slew of schwag from the likes of Ortlieb (messenger bags), Keen (shoes), SRAM (a Rock Shox Fork), Castelli, Maverick, Zipp, Vittoria, and even massages from Michael’s sister, Gretchen Kloeppel, LMT.

To win, all you’ve got to do is show up and buy a few $1 raffle tickets (all ticket proceeds will go to The BikePortland.org Survival Fund).

I hope we can pack the place. Won’t you join us?

Here are the details:

BikePortland.org Benefit/NAHBS After-Party
    Plan B, 1308 SE 8th Street
    Saturday (2/9), (9:00pm)

[P.S. Michael, thanks for putting this together!]

BikePortland.org’s coverage of the 2008 NAHBS is sponsored by Reynolds Cycle Technology.

Please support BikePortland.

Carrie February 1, 2008 at 1:13 pm

What a great idea. I will gather all my friends and we will be there. Jonathan, I think you do a great job at reporting the news that I care most about. I visit your blog more than any other news source out there. Keep up the good work.

unotache February 1, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Thanks for spreading the word, but a minor correction: Gretchen is my sister, so not technically \”my lady\”.

BURR February 1, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Don\’t forget the free tailgate party during the event!

Jonathan Maus (Editor) February 1, 2008 at 4:10 pm

\”a minor correction: Gretchen is my sister, so not technically \”my lady\”.

oh, dang Michael. that was a bad assumption on my part. sorry about that.

Opus the Poet February 1, 2008 at 8:23 pm

What is the BikePortland.org Survival Fund? The webhosting costs?

Opus

jordan hufnagel February 2, 2008 at 5:09 am

hmmm, an afterparty in the building that butts up to my shop, and benifits bikeportland.org…. count me in!

martina February 2, 2008 at 11:58 am

Not too far from our shop either… guess we drop by on the way home!

dp February 3, 2008 at 5:35 pm

sounds great, and i can\’t wait to see a compiled list of the after-hours stuff going on.