Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on November 29th, 2012 at 7:32 pm
This just in from the PPB:
Email This Post
This evening, Thursday November 29, 2012, at 5:57 p.m., Portland Police officers assigned to East Precinct responded to the report of a traffic crash involving a vehicle and a bicycle at Southeast 60th Avenue and Division Street.
Officers arrived and learned that two vehicles were stopped at a red light and that an adult male on a bicycle pulling a trailer with a child inside were stopped behind the two vehicles. A third vehicle approached the stopped cars and ran into the back of the bicycle trailer and bicycle, trapping it between the front of the car and the rear of the next vehicle.
Medical personnel transported both the rider and the child to a Portland hospital with non-traumatic injuries. The driver involved in the crash remained at the scene and is cooperating with investigators. It does not appear that alcohol or drugs are a factor.
The crash is still under investigation at this time and no citations have been issued.
Possibly related posts
- Person that rear-ended child trailer cited for careless driving
- Man rear-ended while biking with child in trailer speaks out
- 93-year old woman killed while walking across SE 39th near Powell - UPDATED
- Police release details of fatal collision at SE Mill/148th
- Update: Woman riding bicycle
hitdown in Springwater/Esplanade gap