Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 7th, 2011 at 9:37 am
This just in from the US DOT office. Looks like the Obama Administration thinks that transportation investment is one way we can "Win the future." (I am anxiously awaiting to hear the word "bicycle" at one of these events)...
Email This Post
Vice President Biden to Hold Event in Philadelphia Tomorrow
Vice President, Secretary LaHood to Discuss Administration’s Infrastructure Plan to Help America Win the Future
Washington, D.C. – Tomorrow, February 8th, the Vice President and Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood will travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. At 10:45 AM, they will deliver remarks at 30th Street Station on the Administration’s plan to build a 21st century infrastructure - from roads and bridges to high-speed rail. The Vice President and Secretary LaHood will discuss new initiatives to increase our nation’s competitiveness, export goods to new markets around the world, and put Americans back to work while growing the economy and helping America win the future.
Possibly related posts
- US DOT Sec. proposes extension, changes to current transpo. bill
- DOT Sec Ray LaHood's latest "On the Go" talks bike safety, bike-sharing
- Transpo. Sec. Ray LaHood on his blog: "Cyclists are important users of transportation systems"
- Job: Bike Mechanic (Discover Bicycles, Hood River)
- LaHood statement marks "end of favoring motorized transportation"