Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 12th, 2010 at 3:02 pm
February 12, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Portland Streetcar Inc.
N Broadway/Weidler: Benton to Williams (Sewer work) – continuing the week of February 15, 2010 through March 5, 2010:
- Westbound bike lane will be closed at times both during the day and night. Westbound bikes will be detoured at Wheeler one block north to Dixon and back to Broadway at Benton.
- Eastbound bike traffic on N Broadway/Weidler, from Benton to Williams, will be re-routed onto the sidewalk from 7AM to 4 PM. Bikes must yield to pedestrians on the sidewalk.
- Crews will generally work on one half of the road at a time on one street at a time (Weidler or Broadway).
N Broadway: Victoria to Williams (Water work) – Starting the week of February 15, 2010:
- Monday 2/15 – the bike lane and right travel lane will be closed from 10AM-1PM to sawcut for a water line. Bikes must ride in the vehicle travel lane for this three hour period.
- Wed (2/17) and Thurs (2/18) – The bike lane and two travel lanes will be closed at night on Broadway between Victoria and Williams. Lanes will be closed starting at 8PM and continue into the morning commute for these two days. All lanes will be open by 8AM. Bikes must ride in the vehicle travel lane. No work is expected on Tues and Fri nights due to the Blazer games.
N Larrabee: North of N Broadway (Rail welding work) – Continuing the week of February 15, 2010 through February 19, 2010:
- Cyclists should use caution as the southbound bike lane will merge into traffic
NE 7th: Weidler to NE Oregon (Sewer work): Starting in late February 2010:
- Sewer work will alternate from the east and west sides of the street and will typically occur one block at a time. Either a flagger will be present or the work will require closing parts of the street and detouring cyclists around the construction zone. More details related to bike impacts (and timeline) will be provided as they are known. Sewer work is expected to occur from late February through June 25, 2010.
- Water work is expected to occur from June 4-June 21, 2010. Track work is expected to occur in Feb-June 2011
Visit Portland Streetcar for more information at www.portlandstreetcar.org.
These dates are subject to change depending on construction or weather conditions.
Email This Post