Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on November 1st, 2007 at 2:46 pm
groovy, warm handmade
BikeCraft, that annual gathering of locally made, bike-themed arts, crafts, and other cool stuff is coming on November 15th!
This year we’ve got a fantastic venue (Lucky Lab Beer Hall in Northwest Portland) and your favorite vendors from year’s past, along with some great new talent eager to share their bikey creations with you.
From hand-woven “Smittens” bike gloves to custom made bike bags and the debut of the Sprockettes’ 2008 Calendar, not to mention Lucky Lab’s beer and food (including special, warm holiday drinks and treats), it’s a night you won’t want to miss.
So who’s coming? Here’s a partial list of confirmed vendors:
- Caroline / Cycling caps
- Tiago DeJerk / Stencil artist, painter, tall-bike captain!
- Ben Salzberg / Beer-view mirrors
- Elias Grey / Lemolo Bags
- Carye Bye / Red Bat Press
- Dan Schafer / Sprout Designs (screenprinted kids clothing)
- Rachel Dominguez-Benner / Aredbee Badges
- Natalie Ramsland / Sweetpea Bicycles
- Shawn Granton / Artist, Zine maker
- Shaun Deller / Deller Designs/Recyclist Apparel
- Erin Crane / Atomic Glassworks
- Brenna Giannini / Sugarlily
- Melissa Anders / redheadpress (handbound journals, t-shirts, and postcards)
- The Sprockettes / 2008 Calendar!
pre-cut, reflective stickers.
In addition to these great bike-crafters, this year we’ll have a special “See and Be Seen” theme (yes, I copied PDOT’s slogan). Two vendors (so far) will have visibility related products to share. Brian Engelen of Light On! Lights will bring his brand new reflective sticker sets, and the folks at Magnet Spotz — that “fun and reflective accessory” — will also join us.
There will be a contest with prizes for “Brightest Outfit” and “Brightest Bike” so come ready to See and Be Seen!
BikeCraft III happens the same night at PDOT’s See & Be Seen bike light parade (Thursday, 11/15) , so you’ll already be downtown. Why not make plans to swing by the Lucky Lab Beer Hall (NW 19th and Quimby) and make it a bike-tacular night!?
Stay tuned for more info and spread the word!
Thursday, November 15th
Lucky Lab Beer Hall (NW 19th and Quimby in downtown Portland)