Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 13th, 2007 at 6:52 pm
I'm down in Sisters at the Oregon Bicycle Summit and I just heard some cool news from Oregon state bicycle tourism coordinator Iris Griggs.
She said the Director of Oregon State Parks, Tim Wood will announce tomorrow that Governor Kulongoksi has officially proclaimed April 14th to forever be known as, Oregon's Scenic Bikeway, Mountain Bike Trails, and Community Bike Paths Day.
I'll get a readable version of the official proclamation, but for now, this photo will have to do.
Gotta run, dinner is being served and Andy Clarke from the League of American Bicyclists is set to take the stage and kick things off.
I hope everyone has fun at Filmed by Bike!Email This Post Possibly related posts
- Governor Kulongoski will bike to work on Monday
- At Portland rally, Kulongoski encourages Oregonians to walk, bike to work tomorrow
- Kulongoski's Amsterdam Visit Could Bode Well for Bike Efforts
- Kulongoski unveils climate change agenda: Where do bikes fit in?
- Kulongoski proposes gas tax increase, outlines '09 transportation bill