Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on January 9th, 2007 at 11:45 am
As a follow-up to their Portland Bike Summit last June, PDOT will hold a series of “brown bag” discussions on the third Thursday of every month from 12-1:00PM on the second floor of the Portland Building (1120 SW 5th).
Here is the schedule:
- Thursday, January 18, we will kick off the series with a great documentary film, Portland: Celebrating America’s Most Liveable City. Come see what our citizens and leaders have done in the past to promote and build the number one bicycling city in the U.S. Come hear about our award winning programs to encourage alternative transportation, SmartTrips Downtown and SmartTrips Southeast.
- February 15, staff from area legislators’ offices and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance will discuss issues of interest to cyclists in our local and national legislatures.
Future topics will include:
- Why People Aren’t Cycling (and How to Help Them Start) – A look at the focus group information on barriers to cycling
- Portland’s Bike Master Plan Update – After 10 years, Portland’s plan for going Platinum
- Celebrating Bike to Work Week, plus other bike fun
- Bike Tourism in Oregon – Trends in the state, plus tips on planning your bike vacation
- I Share the Multi-use Path – Pedestrians and cyclists can coexist happily – ask me how!
- Gear up for the Bike Commute Challenge – Advice and support for advocates who want to help their colleagues get on bikes
- Innovative Designs in Bikeways and Parking
- Bicycling Business Forum
- See and Be Seen Campaign
For more information, please contact Timo Forsberg at timothy[dot]forsberg[at]pdxtrans[dot]org or 503-823-7699.