Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 18th, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Job Title *
Axiom Event Productions
Job Description *
Recruit and coordinate more than 2000 volunteers for Sunday Parkways and more than 20 other fun Portland events!
We, at Axiom, believe in building community through events. Axiom produces more than two dozen events per year including Portland Sunday Parkways, Mississippi Street Fair, Worst Day of the Year Ride, and the Portland Marathon.
Unleash your enthusiasm and organizational power by assisting Axiom in the production of these Portland-based community events and more. Recruit and coordinate more than 2000 volunteers in the preparation and production of events. Work closely with agencies in Portland and across Oregon to secure permits for various events. Be a leader in the office who is friendly, supportive, patient, and energetic.
Full Time: Average 40 hours per week; salaried rate depending on experience.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with various individuals and groups of volunteers, to create buy-in for the shared vision of the event.
• Recruit new volunteers and assure they get proper orientation and recognition.
• Build volunteer opportunities to build leadership, ownership, and community within our events.
• Maintain service records of all volunteers; provide periodic reports to management.
• Work with Event Director to create a permitting plan for 12 events over the course of the year.
• Work with all team members to create needed production documents. Follow up with teams to make sure that event production is compliant with permits.
• Maintain active communication with clients and public agencies to complete permits.
• Perform regular reviews of permit process, and create systems to streamline and improve the process.
Event Production Support:
• Prepare all event staff and volunteer coordination communications across all Axiom events.
• Lead the packing and unpacking of supplies of each of the Parkways events
• Lead 20-50 volunteers and a section of the route as a Parkways Volunteer Coordinator
• Support a number of events as a Volunteer Coordinator or other role
Be a cheerful ambassador for Axiom and the events to clients, volunteers, participants, and members of the public
Skills and Qualifications
• 1-3 years volunteer management or coordination experience.
• Able to manage volunteers with diverse expectations, skills, interests and abilities.
• Stamina and positivity for working long hours on consecutive days
• Enjoyment in problem solving, adapting and performing in high-pressure situations and in large crowds
• Ability to follow specific instructions with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, quickly and confidently
• Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Own a laptop to work from, and smartphone with data plan
• Preferred: Skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, mail merge, and website editing
Must be available for the production of the following events – no exceptions
• Six Sunday Parkways events, on the following Sundays:
– May 18-21
– June 22-25
– July 20-23
– August 3-6
– August 17-20
– September 21-24
• Mississippi Street Fair: July 11-16
• Other occasional weekend events throughout the season
• Work Location: scheduled time in office or independently from home. On location for specific events
• Must have perceptual and judgment ability to recognize and respond verbally to safety concerns, and to deal appropriately with any disagreements or conflicts
• Physical Demands: 50% Sitting, 30% Walking/Standing, 20% Lifting/Carrying 30-50 Pounds. Event days may last 15 hours or more, with appropriate breaks included
• Work environment ranges from quiet office space to noisy roadsides in high-traffic areas, and various outdoor weather conditions
• Occasional evening meetings and some travel will be required.
How to Apply *
TO APPLY: Email Jobs@AxiomEventProductions.com with these four things:
1. Full name, email, and cell phone number
2. Confirm that you are available to work each of the Sunday Parkways and Mississippi Street Fair days
3. Confirm you can pass a background check
4. Why you are perfect for this job