Tour de Lab September 1st

New BTA leader will make first Portland address at Bike to Blazers rally

Posted by on April 7th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Rob Sadowsky-2

Rob will be in Portland next week.
(Photo © J. Maus)

The newly hired top gun at the Bicycle Transportation Alliance, Rob Sadowsky, won’t officially take the helm until July 1st, but you can meet him and hear him speak at our big Bike to Blazers Rally in Waterfront Park on April 14th.

Sadowsky will be one of the featured speakers at the rally, which will take place at the Salmon Street Fountain amphitheater, just north of the Hawthorne Bridge on the west side of the Willamette River. The rally starts at 5:30 and we leave for the Rose Garden Arena at 6:00 — so don’t be late!

How ’bout it Greg?

Also at the rally we’ll have a fun time comparing headbands and other Bill Walton accouterments, and one lucky winner will take home a helmet signed by the Big Man himself.

Speaking of big men, I’m working on other fun surprises for the rally, including someone from the Blazers organization. I think Mr. Greg Oden would be a perfect man to fill that role, but so far I haven’t had any luck tracking him down. Anyone know him and feel like passing a note along to him? I’ve got a pedicab waiting to escort him to the game (due to his injury). After all, he gets the bike thing. Did you happen to see this cool video he did with former Portland Mayor Bud Clark?

Whether you’ve got a ticket to the game or not, join us on April 14th for the Bike to Blazers rally, ride, and bike fun zone at the Rose Garden. More info at BikePortland.org/BiketoBlazers.

Please support BikePortland.

Michael April 7, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Greg is in Indiana with his mom. I don’t think he will be back in Portland until the playoffs.

Pete April 7, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Talk to their guy that runs th Blazers web stuff. He bikes on the reg… I think it’s Dan.

bobcycle April 7, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Its probably just me…. but I don’t get it. Seems like the Blazer/bike scene overlap is pretty minimal. I’ve biked PDX for 35+ years, never been a blazer fan. I’m probably not alone. Would rather have met the new e.d. at a more bike centric event. To me it’s like biking to an SUV convention or an RV show or a big boat show. Sure people bike and own RV/boat/SUV’s but if his focus is bikes maybe he should have shown up at the bike show this week end. So just asking, how many of the blazers are bike commuters vs. how many are auto commuters? Any numbers? I guess I am so far removed from being a big sport fan that this doesn’t bode well for meeting Mr. Rob.

K'Tesh April 7, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Welcome aboard Rob!

Can’t wait to see what you (and the BTA) have waiting in the wings!

All The Best!

BURR April 8, 2010 at 12:57 am

meh, still not renewing my membership or attending the alice awards this year

boneshaker April 8, 2010 at 1:13 am

Looks like Big Greg is rolling a chum-bucket red Karate Monkey. Nice.

Aaronf April 8, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I’ll be at the game, but I’m going with a few of my non-bike pals… so I won’t be able to meet up or rally or anything. I don’t really need to meet y’all in person anyway. :p

Should be a fun game though… Golden State is fun to watch this year!

Heather April 8, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Awesome news! What a fun way to meet the City.