The thing I love most about this site is all the amazing and intelligent bikey people it gives me an excuse to meet with. Just to give you an idea of what I mean, here’s a list of the meetings I’ve had just this week.
- VJ Beauchamp – Local web diva, and woman behind Tales of Slow Brave Athena and AltPortland.com.
- Kris Schamp – Marketing Manager for Bike Gallery.
- Susan Remmers – Newly appointed Executive Director of the Community Cycling Center.
- Mark Kruger – Lieutenant of the Traffic Division, Portland Police Bureau.
- Greg Raisman – Traffic Safety guru for PDOT’s Community and School Traffic Safety Partnership.
- Roger Geller – City of Portland Bicycle Coordinator
- Planning meeting for the upcoming Portland Bike Summit – Attendees included a “who’s who” list of Portland bike intelligentsia. It was impressive and I’m bummed I didn’t have my camera for a group shot.
- Amy Stork – Founding pioneer of Shift to Bikes (among other things).
I consider myself very lucky have the opportunity to learn from all these folks and have a place to share that knowledge with all of you. Stay tuned for all sorts of big announcements and developments…