Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on April 15th, 2014 at 4:21 pm
eBike Mechanic / Sales
eBIKE MECHANIC JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Our small team is dynamic, creative and energetic – just like our brand. We value self-awareness, empathy, honesty, positive attitudes and
judgment, often over experience. Based on these virtues we foster an “every-person-takes-their-pull” environment where creativity and
individuality are appreciated and encouraged. Hard work, perseverance and communication climb fast and with ease. All while
making time for humor, fun and the celebration of big efforts – on and off the bike.
We are in need of a qualified bicycle mechanic who will also assist on the sales floor. His/her primary responsibilities include building, tuning and maintaining bikes at our North Portland location.
The bicycle mechanic’s job is very important as we depend on well built and maintained bicycles to make the customer’s experience a great one.
The bicycle mechanic is expected to be proactive and be able to manage his or her own time and responsibilities.
• Repair, check, and fix bikes following eBike Store standards
• Prepare and build complete bikes for in-store and online bike orders
• Take notes of all the works done on bikes & update in our customer database
• Keep the inventory of the workshop updated
• Keep the bench and the workshop clean
• Provide feedback about bicycles and be a part of the mechanic, retail and office team
• Deliver bicycles to local customers throughout the Greater Portland Area
• Be customer service oriented and personable as you are the face of our company when you deliver repaired bicycles
• Assist with general retail duties such as customer service, sales, and inventory management.
• Contact customers via phone or email to communicate repair and sales related information.
• Demonstrate safe, professional and courteous customer service.
• Ability manage his or her own time and prioritize
• Good team player and communicate clearly with customers
• Capable computer skills & experience using point of sale systems
• Able to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to potentially work longer hours during busy sales seasons
• Ability to help guide customers through the sales and service processes
BICYCLE MECHANIC SKILLS
We usually require 3-5 years of shop experience, although exceptions will be considered for worthy candidates. Besides the usual
knowledge about a bicycle, we require the following skills:
• Assembling/disassembling and identify different types of bottom brackets, headsets and other industry standards
• Wheel building, wheel truing, tire changing (tubular, clincher and tubeless)
• Crank arm replacement
• Change derailleurs
• Headset overhaul
• Changing brakes, brake levers and shifter levers, cable (mechanical, electronic or hydraulic)
• Limit screws adjustment (both derailleurs)
• Chain check, replacement
Above all, we need a bicycle mechanic who has an eye for detail in terms of professional level bike building and someone who would
make a great fit with our team.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org