Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on April 1st, 2013 at 2:18 pm
This just in from Mayor Hales' office...
Monday, April 1, 2013
What: Press Conference
Topic: Safety solutions for Southeast 136th Avenue
When: 8 a.m., Wednesday, April 3
Where: Southeast 136th and Holgate, northeast corner, in Gates Park. Media parking in all directions.
Google Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Portland Mayor Charlie Hales and members of the Portland City Council and Oregon Legislature will gather at 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 3, to discuss plans related to safety on Southeast 136th Avenue.
Photo opportunities will available, and elected officials will take questions.
The Mayor has been under intense pressure to restore a proposal by PBOT to cut funding from a sidewalk project on SE 136th. Hales said he felt there was a 50/50 chance the funds would be restored... But that was before a young girl was killed while trying to cross 136th just a few blocks from where the sidewalk project was set to be constructed.Email This Post
Possibly related posts
- State Rep secures $3.6 million in state funding for East Portland sidewalks
- Mayor Hales restores sidewalk funding for SE 136th Ave
- Commissioner Steve Novick gets PBOT bureau assignment
- P2P carsharing firm Getaround to launch in Portland next week
- East Portland fatality puts heat on City's paving priority - UPDATED