Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 2nd, 2013 at 12:35 am
(Photos © J. Maus/BikePortland)
As we shared earlier this week, Velo Cult Bike Shop kicked off a goldsprints competition series Friday night. The first event in the series drew a solid crowd and some stiff competition. I wasn't able to stick around long enough to see all the action (had to leave for a CRC project event); but I did shoot a few pictures of the scene. I also took a video of one of the races so those of you who aren't familiar with goldsprints can see what it's all about. What you don't see in the video below is the graphical display of the racers' speeds being projected on a screen as they pedal. This allows the crowd to root for their favorite competitor and get a real-time look at who's in the lead. It's exciting!
And here's a little video;
The Velo Cult Goldsprints series continues every Friday through March 8th. Learn more at VeloCult.com.
- Goldsprints competition series starts at Velo Cult this Friday
- Outside Magazine names Velo Cult one of best bike shops in America
- Job: Mechanic, Salesperson, Bar Tender - Velo Cult Bicycle Shop and Tavern
- It's Monday Night Cyclocross at Velo Cult Bike Shop
- Job: Mechanic/Salesperson - Velo Cult Bicycle Shop