Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on September 7th, 2011 at 3:35 pm
Reader and nearby resident Gretchin Lair just sent in the photo below of red hearts that have been placed on the bike lane symbols. "I love stuff like this," she wrote in, "Outer SE doesn't have a lot of stealth art projects, and I especially love ones that are playful and kindhearted."
I haven't confirmed who's responsible for this, but my hunch is that the activist group We Heart Holgate is behind them. Check out the photo after the jump...
- PBOT to stripe buffered bike lanes on Holgate this weekend (Updated)
- In defense of buffered bike lanes: Citizens launch "We Heart Holgate" campaign
- City will hold public meeting to discuss Holgate bike lanes
- City will return to East Portland for Holgate bike lane meeting
- Anger at Holgate bike lane meeting: PBOT plans a follow up