Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on August 18th, 2011 at 2:37 pm
Bike Shop General Manager
Community Cycling Center
The breadth of responsibility of this position encompasses retail, production, and recycling operations. The overarching goal is to make the Bike Shop as welcoming, productive, and professional as possible. The successful candidate is an effective leader and manager, and possesses great enthusiasm for recreational and utilitarian uses of the bicycle, and for the mission and programs of the Community Cycling Center.
The Bike Shop General Manager is part of a collaborative leadership team which includes direct report managers and coordinators. The members of the team work to set and meet goals and targets respecting input from all. This position is responsible for time and quality standards for retail sales, repairs and bike production; evaluation and development of mechanic and retail sales staff; and the measurement of retail sales, repairs and production performance. In order to manage these resources, the Bike Shop General Manager will work closely with the leadership team to ensure successful operations.
• 5 years of successful managerial experience.
• Ability to strategize, to implement, and clearly communicate a vision for the Community Cycling Center Bike Shop.
• Significant professional retail experience (preferably Bike Shop experience) with a focus on delivering a high level of staff and customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated ability to create a culture that values and respects diversity, inclusion, and teamwork.
• Strong managerial prowess and demonstrated leadership skills.
• An enthusiasm for our programs and an understanding of mission-based, nonprofit work.
• A commitment to sustainability – environmental, programmatic, and financial.
• Strong communication skills.
• Solid, confident decision maker.
• Enthusiasm for working with the public.
• Organized, analytical, high attention to detail.
Pay rate & benefits: This is a full-time permanent position with an annual salary of $35,000 - $40,000 depending on experience; new and used bicycle purchasing perks, generous PTO, and full health benefits after 30 days.
Please go to www.CommunityCyclingCenter.org for full job description.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and six references as follows:
• In the Subject Line: Bike Shop General Manager Position
• Attach your cover letter and resume as separate documents to your email; do not embed them in your email.
• Email to: email@example.com
• References can be from a variety of sources including your engagement with professional colleagues, community organizations, and volunteer work you have done. We will contact your references if you are selected for a second interview. We will address questions of goal achievement, leadership qualities, and organizational development skills.