Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 12th, 2010 at 10:46 am
Several familiar names will help develop five significant bikeway projects in North and Northeast Portland in the coming months. On Thursday (7/8), the City of Portland issued a letter of intent to award a contract for 'Bikeway Project Development' to Alta Planning & Design. The Request For Proposals was issued back in May.
Alta's project team will re-unite two former Bicycle Transportation Alliance staffers who are now independent consultants after leaving the organization in the past year. Former BTA executive director Scott Bricker and former BTA advocacy manager Michelle Poyourow will work as subcontractors with Alta. Bricker says his newly formed company, Bricker Consulting, along with Poyourow's Poyourow Consulting, will handle the public outreach and "stakeholder engagement" processes for the projects.
As I reported in more detail back in May, the five projects are
- North Williams Bikeway Improvements
- N Vancouver Bicycle Access to Rose Quarter
- NE Holladay Street Bikeway Improvements
- 12th Avenue Banfield Overcrossing Bikeway Improvements
- N Willamette Boulevard Bikeway Improvements
Alta CEO Mia Birk says she's "thrilled" to be selected. "The specific projects are each complex and challenging and require both innovative technical solutions and public and stakeholder buy-in." If successful, Birk says, Alta's work will develop the projects up to the point where PBOT can then fund them and begin implementation.
Stay tuned for more coverage on all of these exciting projects.Email This Post Possibly related posts
- Alta Bicycle Share wins Chicago contract; responds to questions about selection process
- Council vote could spur major bikeway projects
- Alta, B-Cycle on Portland's shortlist for bike sharing contract
- Portland-based Alta Bicycle Share wins 10,000 bike New York City contract
- Local firm lands contract for Dubai bike plan