Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 16th, 2019 at 6:42 pm
Company / Organization
We are a growing electric bike specialty shop looking for a customer-oriented bike mechanic to service and build electric bikes. While some experience with e-bikes will be helpful in this position, a general knowledge of bicycle maintenance, strong mechanical skills, troubleshooting abilities and a desire to learn are far more important. We will train you on the “e” aspects.
* Perform all types of standard bicycle repairs.
* Assemble e-bikes and perform adjustments.
* Install components and accessories – fenders, racks, integrated lighting, saddles and tires, etc.
* Diagnose & repair electrical problems.
* Keep the department well-organized.
* Assist on the sales floor.
* Be part of the team for evaluating new bike models, new accessories, for improving productivity of the service area, for building store traffic and generating sales.
* An occasional delivery of an e-bike to a customer.
* At least 1+ years of professional bike mechanic experience in a bike shop.
* Some experience servicing e-bikes a plus, but not required.
* Strong interpersonal skills a plus.
* A team orientation towards improving the overall performance and productivity of a growing business.
* Driver’s license.
30-40 hours per week. Must be able to work Saturdays and may be asked to work some Sundays in peak season.
Location: Southeast Portland, OR
We offer a very competitive wage and generous bonuses based on the overall performance of the team. Health insurance benefits are also available.
How to Apply
Send your resume and/or a description of your qualifications and interests to email@example.com.