Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on July 8th, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Company / Organization
Oregon Walks seeks a leader with a passion for pedestrian rights and a fierce commitment to equity to serve as our next Executive Director.
About Oregon Walks
Founded in 1991, Oregon Walks creates safer streets and plays a pivotal role in Oregon’s transportation future for all by promoting walking and vibrant communities through advocacy and outreach with a deep commitment to equity. Our Mission: Oregon Walks is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit membership organization dedicated to promoting walking and making the conditions for walking in Oregon safe, convenient, and attractive for everyone.
About the Executive Director Position
The successful candidate will hold passion and commitment for our mission, know how to lead a small, highly collaborative team, demonstrate strong communication skills, and have the experience and ability to smoothly manage the day-to-day operations of a small nonprofit. They will have community-building and financial experience to support the expansion of Oregon Walks’ work, and a policy eye for advancing the organization’s advocacy goals and priorities that help create a safer and more livable Oregon for all.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates with:
– 3-5 years of relevant experience in a leadership position;
– a proven track record of successfully developing and leading organizational strategy or programs that move people toward a shared vision and drive organizational goals;
– competency in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion principles and practice;
– the ability to work effectively in a collaborative and diverse environment;
– strong fiscal management acumen and skills, including experience in developing and managing budgets;
– highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate our mission and vision in highly compelling ways to motivate action across a broad range of individuals, allies, funders and the public;
– experience working directly with a board of directors;
– ability to effectively coach, counsel, supervise, and evaluate job performance of staff;
– ability to develop, implement, and sustain projects and ideas that advance the priority work of the organization;
– a love for walking and dedication to pedestrian safety.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time, exempt position based in Portland, with a starting salary of $50,000-$60,000. Oregon Walks offers excellent benefits including: flexible work environment; health insurance; generous paid vacation & paid sick leave.
How to Apply
Find the full job description here: http://oregonwalks.org/sites/wpcwalks.org/files/images/ED%20Job%20Description%20June%202018.pdf
The application process will be open until a qualified candidate is hired. Submit a current resume, including dates of employment, plus a 1-2 page cover letter that addresses why you’re compelled by this work and how your experience fits the criteria, as a single PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with interviews beginning August 1, 2018.