Job Title *
Job Description *
Position Type: Part-time, 20-25 hours per week. Requires flexibility season to season to accommodate the needs of Cycle Oregon events.
Cycle Oregon is a leading nonprofit organization in Oregon. Its vision is to promote the vitality of rural Oregon and its mission is to transform individuals and communities through bicycling. It accomplishes this by promoting bicycle tourism, including organizing the “best bike ride(s) in America,” partnering with organizations with shared goals and advocating for safety and infrastructure. In addition, Cycle Oregon strategically invests in rural communities through The Cycle Oregon Fund held at the Oregon Community Foundation, and annually grants an average of $125K to Oregon communities.
Cycle Oregon depends on confident, creative, collaborative and knowledgeable staff who are passionate about Cycle Oregon’s mission. The team is small but mighty and relies on their ability to leverage resources, as well as volunteer and partner support to amplify its mission and outcomes
Our small team needs a new Finance Manager who will support the financial and administrative operations. We offer a comfortable, casual work environment with a dedicated team of staff and volunteers. Everyone who works at Cycle Oregon has the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
Our Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director and has primary responsibility for the accounting function. The position also provides administrative support and works on special projects.
Finance responsibilities include:
• Accounting duties to ensure accurate processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Preparation of financial statements, using generally accepted accounting practices, and reports of financial results to the Executive Director including explanation and analysis
• Review and reconciliation of credit card expenses and bank accounts
• Preparation of the annual budget
• Compilation and organization of information for the annual audit
• Management of vendor contracts including customer service and issue resolution
• Assistance with inventory management; purchase and replacement of inventory under the supervision of the Executive Director
Administrative responsibilities include:
• Support and general clerical duties for Cycle Oregon team
• Maintenance of human resources records; orientation for new hires; training staff on office protocols and procedures
• Benefits administration in the areas of open enrollment, employee eligibility, etc.
• Technology improvements that will increase efficiency; implementation of approved procedures
• Support the resolution to technology-related issues and serve as point of contact for IT vendor
• Implementation of records retention and destruction to comply with legal requirements
• Formal accounting and/or bookkeeping training
• Experience in a non-profit accounting, bookkeeping/finance environment (3-year minimum)
• Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills to interact with staff and external partners
• Availability to travel and provide on-site support at events
Preferred by not required:
• BS in accounting, business or finance
• Proficiency with QuickBooks Online
• Commitment to the Cycle Oregon mission
• Organized, analytical and highly detail-oriented
• Demonstrate grace and humor under pressure
• Personal qualities of integrity and resourcefulness
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
• Comfortable working in a varied and fast-paced environment
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and Status: This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Hourly rate: $20 – $25 DOE.
How to Apply *
To apply please send your cover letter, resume and three references in PDF format via email to: Steve Schulz – email@example.com