Job Title *
General Accounting Specialist
Stages Cycling/ Foundation Fitness
Job Description *
Who Are We?
Foundation Fitness is Portland-based company that was founded in 2009 with 10 employees and has grown to five companies with over 120 employees in Portland, Boulder, CO, and working remotely across the US. Foundation Fitness is a fitness equipment distributor that represents a variety of commercial fitness equipment vendors. Daughter company Stages Indoor Cycling is the manufacturer of commercial indoor cycling bikes which we distribute globally to customers including Soul Cycle, Life Time Fitness, and Club Sport. Another daughter company, Stages Cycling, manufactures cycling products which are used by athletes to maximize training in various cycling events. We are a dynamic and growing company looking for passionate employees to join our team. There is always something new on the horizon here at Foundation Fitness and every role is crucial!
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing accounting support to Accounting Controller and other managers. This position is responsible for facilitating the bi-weekly payroll through ADP, sales tax reporting and reconciliation, corporate credit card reconciliation and other expense systems.
• Process bi-weekly payroll through ADP and submit payroll journal entries.
• Ensure commissions, bonuses, and other irregular payments are processed and documented appropriately
• Report sales taxes using Avalara, reconcile sales taxes payable and registrations is applicable states.
• Reconciles corporate credit card usage.
• Reconcile employee expense reports Expensify, verifying general ledger accounts and auditing for receipts in accordance with the corporate travel and expense reimbursement policy.
• Maintains historical records and files according to standard IRS guidelines for records retention.
• Assists with monthly closing activities as related to above tasks.
• Assists with related special projects and provides ad hoc reports as required by management.
• Monthly bank reconciliations for all company accounts and submission of journal entries related to such bank accounts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Skilled at analyzing information and problem solving
• Data entry skills with strong attention to detail and thoroughness
• Strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality
• General math skills
• Reporting skills
• Able to independently use financial systems such as NetSuite, ADP, Avalara and Expensify
• Sophisticated time management
• Multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Understanding of Accounting Principles, Working Knowledge of General Ledger.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Foundation Fitness will make reasonable accommodations requested.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand; use hands to finger or handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; read and see near objects. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position may require overtime.
Travel is not required for this role.
This position is a full-time, in-office attendance position.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.
How to Apply *
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.