Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 12th, 2018 at 11:55 am
Job Title *
Service Manager & Sales – E-Bikes
Job Description *
We are looking for an experienced bike mechanic to lead our service area and to take a leadership role in the growth of a well-established e-bike specialty shop. This is a great opportunity to expand your experience in the rapidly-growing electric bicycle industry. Along with leading our service team, expect extensive customer contact, especially on the sales floor.
The ideal candidate will get “charged up” for delivering a great customer experience and getting more people out of their cars and onto bikes.
We provide an environment that encourages innovation and the chance to put your ideas to work.
Full time – 5 days per week. Year round is preferred.
* Lead the service department, organize service area, review and prioritize work orders, supervise service staff.
* Interact with service customers to write service orders and gather information from them to diagnose electrical problems
* Perform tune-ups and repairs of both electric and non-electric bikes, install accessories and build bikes as part of the service team.
* Install conversion kits.
* Field phone calls.
* Work the sales floor as needed. Become strongly familiar with the unique aspects of each e-bike model and of competitive alternatives. Assist customers in selecting the bike that is right for them. Expect about 25% of your time to be on the sale floor.
* Ring up orders.
A well-qualified applicant will have:
* Minimum 3 years professional bicycle mechanic.
* Experience with electric bikes including electrical troubleshooting.
* Familiarity with e-bike diagnostics software, especially Bosch.
* Point-of-Sale (POS) software experience, especially inventory management. Knowledge of Lightspeed/Merchant OS a plus.
* Bicycle sales experience, especially for commuter and general recreational cycling. Comfort selling to casual, non-performance riders is essential.
* Engaging interpersonal skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Some extras that are desirable include:
* An interest in making operational improvements.
* Knowledge of other diagnostics systems, such as from Yamaha, Brose, TranzX or others.
* Strong MTB parts knowledge, especially front suspensions.
* A little knowledge of retail merchandising.
* A fondness for pizza.
We offer a competitive wage, plus a bonus based on storewide performance. We work as a team. Paid vacation. Health benefits available.
Location: Southeast Portland
How to Apply *
To tell us a little about yourself, forward a resume or an explanation of your qualifications or both to email@example.com.