Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 9th, 2018 at 11:41 am
A five day closure of the Tram starts next week. The closure of this crucial connection between the South Waterfront and OHSU will provide an interesting preview of how users will handle the 38-day shutdown coming up this June.
Details below from GoByTram.com:
5 day maintenance closure – Wed, Feb 14, 2018 8:30 PM Mon, Feb 19, 2018 12:30 PM
The Tram will be closed at 8:30pm (one hour early) on Wednesday, Feb. 14th and remain closed through Monday, Feb. 19 for essential maintenance. The Tram reopens Tuesday, Feb. 20.
Shuttles will run during the Tram’s normal operating hours. The shuttle hours will be:
– Wed. Feb. 14: Tram closes at 8:30pm; shuttles run 8:30pm to 9:30pm
– Thurs. Feb. 15: Shuttles, 5:30am to 9:30pm
– Fri. Feb. 16: Shuttles, 5:30am to 9:30pm
– Sat. Feb. 17: Shuttles, 9am to 5pm
– Sun. Feb. 18: No shuttles or Tram (normal Sunday closure)
– Mon. Feb. 19: No shuttles or Tram (normal holiday closure)
– Tues. Feb. 20: Tram is open, no shuttle, 5:30am to 9:30pm
The waterfront pick up location will be 1 block south of the South Waterfront Tram Terminal at SW Whitaker between SW Bond Ave and SW River Pkwy. Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/WTKPdRrubzs
The hill pick up location will be at Kohler Pavilion (808 SW Campus Dr, Portland, OR 97239). Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/2KCANT52xzE2
See a map of the shuttle route here.
Fare will not be required to board the shuttles.
The shuttles will be on a load-and-go pickup schedule. Please allow up to 30 minutes travel time between the two pick up locations.
Never miss a story. Sign-up for the daily BP Headlines email.
BikePortland needs your support.