Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on June 27th, 2017 at 8:47 am
Job Title *
WashCo BTC Community Bike Center
Job Description *
Job Title: Bike Mechanic
Company: WashCo BTC Community Bike Center
The non-profit Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition (WashCo BTC) operates the Community Bike Center (CBC) in downtown Hillsboro to sell refurbished bikes and related parts and accessories, as well as full bike service. We’re seeking an experienced bike mechanic to manage our used bike inventory including:
• Receive donated bikes and assess them for refurbishment, sale ‘as is’, salvageable parts or recycling, and price bikes for retail sale
• Repair, replace parts, tune-up and clean donated bikes as needed, and safety check all refurbished bikes for retail inventory
• Service customer bikes when needed, at the direction of the Service Manager
• Assist with shop operations including customer sales support, directing volunteers, etc.
Requirements: The ideal candidate…
• Has two years professional (i.e., paid) bike mechanic experience and preferably accredited training
• Has bike shop experience quoting service jobs and using a Point of Sales terminal
• Has good communications and interpersonal skills
• Must pass a background check
This is a permanent, part- to full-time time position, 30-40 hours per week, depending on seasonal business and pays $11.25 per hour. Email your resume to info [at]washcobtc.org. Well-qualified local applicants will be contacted for an interview.
How to Apply *
Send your resume to Info@washcobtc.org
Once your resume has been reviewed you will be contacted.