Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on October 3rd, 2016 at 10:52 am
Job Title *
Warehouse, Picker/Packer, Product Assembly
Job Description *
Warehouse – Picker/Packer, Product Assembly,
Location: St. John’s (North Portland, OR)
HGNR Inc is a specialty distributor of products in the Bicycle Industry. We are looking for an employee to run our warehouse. This position is responsible for running everything in our warehouse. Work load varies from 10 to 30 hours per week November through February and 20 to 40 hours per week March through October. At least 30 hours per week will be required during training. Experience useful, but not required as we will train the right person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
• Daily picking, packing, quality control and shipping of all customer orders.
• Product assembly including quality control.
• Receiving, quality control and stocking of incoming inventory.
• Loading, unloading and occasional driving of company vehicle.
• Assist with inventory management and warehouse organization to improve efficiency.
• Experience useful, but not mandatory, as we will train the right person.
• Efficient, accurate, and timely completion of daily, weekly and monthly activities.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Must follow all safety procedures.
• Ability to use a scale, box knives, and calculator.
• Proficient in basic math, fractions, ratios and algebra.
• Basic understanding of mechanical systems.
• Computer literacy is a plus.
NECESSARY PERSONAL QUALITIES:
• Attention to detail, organized and cooperative.
• Self-starting, self-directing and able to take initiative.
• Interested and motivated to work for a small business.
SALARY and HOURS:
Starting pay: $12.50 per hour during training and acclimation.
Ultimate pay range: $12.50 to $17.50 per hour, based on efficient, accurate, and timely completion of daily activities.
Hours: Mon – Fri, 10 to 30 hours per week November through February and 25 to 40 hours per week March through October, depending on workload. Weekends occasionally required.
How to Apply *
Send a cover letter describing how you would be a good fit for this part time job along with your resume. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (503)200-1565