Company / Organization
Ride with GPS
Are you an exceptional product designer looking to join a team that’s talented, effective, and taking a disciplined approach to tackling a big vision? Do you want to talk to customers, discover the best solutions to their problems, then go beyond to deliver experiences that showcase what you and our engineers are capable of? Consider joining Ride with GPS as its second Product Designer.
Ride with GPS has been a founder-led company since 2007, continuously focused on one simple mission: To inspire you to go on better rides, more often. Over the years we have developed a full-featured web and mobile product that’s all about bike routes — planning, discovering, navigating, sharing, and much more. We have deep ties to the world of bikes and feel a responsibility to continue innovating and showing people what’s possible when you combine passion, expertise, and humility.
Our vision is for riders everywhere to reach for our service and be out the door a few minutes later on a great ride they couldn’t have anticipated. When our users have a few minutes to kill, they will open up our site or app to see what rides people are up to and contribute a nugget of their local knowledge. And we will continue to be the undisputed platform leader for bike events, clubs, and tours.
Join our current Product Designer in owning the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of UI/UX design execution — from research and ideation, to prototyping, user testing, and final production — and additionally measures design improvements against the company’s strategic goals to ensure that we are meeting the ever-changing needs of our users.
– Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of UI/UX design execution from research and ideation, to prototyping, user testing, and final production
– Get to know and understand our customers as much as possible, analyzing their feedback and behavior to validate design and product decisions
– Encourage empathy with diverse perspectives to inspire how we build products
– Design experiences that address business, brand, and user requirements across all platforms: iOS, Android, Web
– Explore, refine, and iterate on design solutions through wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design
– Present product ideas to relevant team members and participate in the design critique process to receive and provide constructive feedback on design work
– Collaborate with engineers to refine design specifications and see designs through implementation and shipping
– Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, support, marketing, and other stakeholders to define product strategy and to produce refined product experiences that our customers love
– Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design thinking, and the specifics of a user-centered design process
– Measure ongoing improvements against short and long-term strategic goals
– Work closely with product managers and engineers to ship product improvements and all-new features, evaluate their effectiveness, and plan follow up initiatives
– Collaborate with marketing on go-to-market strategy and produce design assets and deliverables as needed
– Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
Ride with GPS is on a mission to create great cycling experiences and help people go on better rides, more often.
Our website is used to plan bike routes and events, manage bike clubs, analyze ride data, and publish great rides. Our companion app is a bike computer, route navigator, and ride recorder. Within the cycling world, we serve weekend riders, clubs, event organizers, tour operators, and racers. We are committed to not running any ads on the site or in the app, and are able to maintain a singular focus on serving cyclists.
Our business is bootstrapped, profitable, and growing.
We are cyclists. We are explorers. We are artists. We are writers. We are parents. We are friends. We are a group of people with diverse interests who lead healthy, balanced lives and are all very passionate about what we do. By joining Ride with GPS, you will become a part of a team that helps millions of people have a great time on their bikes.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health, dental and vision insurance, and a 401k with a 10% match. We strongly believe in testing our own software, and as a result are more than happy to help defray some of the costs of cycling, including offering a one-time new bicycle stipend as well as an annual bike supply budget.
Ride with GPS is working remotely and offers a generous stipend for setting up a home office. We have an office in Portland, OR that staff is welcome to use as desired.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, your portfolio, and a cover letter that includes an overview of any work relevant to the position. If you have a personal connection to bikes, we’d love to hear about this as well. We’ll respond in a timely manner and move things forward for promising candidates.
Ride with GPS is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all members of our staff. We believe having a diverse team makes our product and our company better, and we are working to ensure our reality reflects those ideals. We invite applicants of any race, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability or limitation, religion, or background to apply and look forward to hearing from you.