People on Bikes: SE Clinton and 25th

Posted by on July 17th, 2015 at 1:26 pm

(Photos © Will Vanlue)

Welcome to the latest installment of People on Bikes.

I started this series in 2011 and have been doing them infrequently ever since. This time around, for the first time ever, I’m featuring someone else’s images: Will Vanlue. Will is a man about town in Portland. You might have read his work on The Prudent Cyclist and you probably remember his name attached to local activism efforts. He’s one of the people behind the Downgrade Portland petition and he’s very active on Twitter.

This morning, Will was out at the free coffee event hosted by Pedal PT and K&F Coffee Roasters on SE Clinton Street and 25th this morning. He shot photos of people as they streamed by.

Thanks for reading.
BikePortland relies on financial support from readers like you.
Please join hundreds of other readers and
make a one-time payment today!

Hope you enjoyed these. Thanks Will for sharing them with us.

Please support BikePortland.

Adam H. July 17, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Love it! Will, I stopped for coffee there too! Must have just missed you.

Bella Bici July 17, 2015 at 4:55 pm

Finally!!! It’s back!!! (it’s been too long)

Bella Bici July 17, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Jonathan, you set a high-standard photography bar.

Aaron July 17, 2015 at 6:31 pm

It’s cool to see the diversity of bikes and gear, and how much more unique and interesting people are when on bikes as opposed to wrapped in a car.

Ted Buehler July 17, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Good to see the “People on Bikes” back!

Ted Buehler

Captain Karma July 18, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I always watch for my stolen bikes…. Just kidding.

Caleb July 18, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Is that my old Bike Farm friend I see!? If not…somebody has a suspiciously similar posture…

SilkySlim July 20, 2015 at 7:48 am

I spy my friend Jack!

Alex Reed July 20, 2015 at 9:41 am

Lots of kids on cargo and trail-a-bikes – a good sign!

What I’d love to see in the future: most of those kids on their own bikes. No kids on their own bikes in this series (on Clinton at rush hour) – I wonder why :p

Dan July 20, 2015 at 1:25 pm

#13, hands in pockets. Wow. My commute requires much more vigilance I guess.