Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on February 10th, 2015 at 10:03 am
Accounting Specialist – AR & Sales Tax
Castelli USA is looking for a self-motivated and resourceful individual with a positive can-do attitude and a willingness to take initiative. This individual will have exceptional communication skills and be a team player. This position is responsible for various accounting duties including assisting with collections, customer service and monthly sales tax preparation. Requirements include a strong understanding of basic accounting principles and an accounting or finance degree.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
• 2-4+ years of accounts receivable experience, including collections/customer service
• Post customer payments to individual accounts on a daily basis and resolve account discrepancies as they occur.
• Respond to accounting-related customer inquiries regarding AR accounts.
• Review AR accounts to determine the appropriate action for collection.
• Collect on past-due accounts by sending statements and communicating with customers via phone and email while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
• Use weekly holds report to monitor and follow up on accounts that are on hold.
• Work in tandem with Inside Sales to get holds released so orders can be shipped.
• Prepare monthly sales/use tax returns for review by the Accounting Manager.
• Gather and analyze financial information necessary to prepare sales/use tax returns.
• Collect resale certificates and maintain records for tax exempt sales.
• Take on other various accounting related tasks on an as needed basis.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Outstanding organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Proficiency in MS Office, particularly strong in Excel, as well as, familiarity with accounting and database reporting software.
• Ability to adapt to change and learn quickly.
• Ability to work well under pressure and quickly respond to customer requests.
• Strong business acumen with ability to make lower end decisions and give constructive feedback on accounting matters.
• Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Compensation: Castelli USA offers competitive pay; health, vision and dental insurance; 401(k) plan with company match; profit sharing; and paid vacation. Castelli USA is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com