Company / Organization
Castelli Sportful USA
Financial Accountant, Castelli USA
Castelli is a cycling apparel manufacturer based out of Fonzaso Italy. Known for performance and innovation, Castelli is responsible for almost every major innovation in cycling apparel and has outfitted pro peloton riders since 1876.
Castelli Sportful USA is a subsidiary of MVC-Italy and has been in Portland, Oregon since 2006. The scope of the business is inline and custom sales, and the brand is sold directly and through wholesale accounts.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions, as well as other general accounting functions. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance. Specific responsibilities include:
• Enter Accounts Payable invoices into the appropriate vendor ledger.
• Ensure vendor payments are processed for payment within vendor terms.
• Process refund payments to customers for approved sales returns.
• Monitor accounts receivable aging, email statements to customers, and recommend changes to customer credit limits.
• Process customer credit card payments and electronically deposit checks.
• Work with TEAM sales to reconcile TEAM A/R accounts.
• Perform month-end reconciliation of designated accounts; create accrual and adjusting journal entries.
• Maintain fixed asset register; record new asset purchases; calculate and record monthly depreciation; record asset retirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Required for the Position/Qualifications:
• This position requires problem solving skills, the ability to work independently with minimal direction, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• This position requires the ability to work with colleagues individually or in groups for the purpose of problem solving and creating policies and procedures.
• This position requires knowledge in Excel, Word, Outlook and strong general computer skills. Knowledge of other Microsoft Office products is helpful.
• This position requires a 2-year Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
Reports to: Director of Finance
Hours: Full Time (40 hours)
Schedule: 5-day week in office
Compensation: Salaried $45K to $50K, Exempt
Benefits: Health, dental and vision, 401(k), PTO
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to the Finance Director at firstname.lastname@example.org