Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 27th, 2015 at 11:22 am
Sorry, this job has been filled. Browse more great jobs here.
Workshop Mechanic and Customer Service
Established in the UK in 2006, Islabikes was founded by renowned British bicycle designer Isla Rowntree and in 2013 we opened our first overseas distribution hub in Portland, OR. The company is dedicated to offering a better experience of cycling for children and our business model delivers direct to the customer. We do this by continually striving towards perfection and approaching every stage in the process with efficiency and attention to detail. This requires a team attitude where every member of staff identifies with the company ethos and mission.
New roles and positions emerge in all areas as we grow so opportunities to develop into a supervisory/management role may emerge once you are fully trained and your understanding of the company has broadened.
Essential attributes for a good fit:
A commitment to work hard, develop your skillset and support the company in its pursuit of excellence is essential. In return, Islabikes will work with you to realize your potential in relation to the company.
Key employee competencies:
• You can multi-task and flex between roles when required.
• You’re prepared to do things differently with a passion to excel.
• You enjoy cycling regularly.
• You appreciate the value of doing ordinary things extraordinarily well!
Main functions of the roles
• To perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) routine in preparing every Islabike for dispatch.
• To work as a team in delivering a consistently high standard of quality and customer service.
• To answer incoming calls – sales and inquiries.
• To accurately process telephone orders.
• To provide clear and helpful advice on bike model, size and fit over the phone, by email and occasionally face to face at events or in our fitting studio.
• To advise on the full range of accessories and technical detail as required.
• To manage customer email inquiries efficiently, providing knowledgeable replies in a concise, friendly and timely manner.
• To investigate and resolve order inquiries and ensure customers are informed of outcomes with minimal delay.
Skill set required
• Basic understanding of bicycle mechanics e.g. names of components and familiarity with their use from riding.
• IT literate – Microsoft Office
• Excellent attention to detail
• Clear, confident speaker
• Good listener, able to reason calmly
• Ability to be succinct in spoken and written word
• Aptitude for problem solving
• Touch typist – min 40 wpm (or willingness to achieve this during probation period)
• Team player
Please note that while previous experience in similar roles is ideal, full training will be given.
Location: Islabikes, 2113 SE 7th Avenue, Portland, OR 97214
Salary: Dependent on skills, plus health insurance and paid time off
Full-time position: Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm with some Saturdays
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org