Posted by Jonathan Maus (Publisher/Editor) on January 23rd, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Back-up Soup Cyclist
Do you get excited by the idea of working on your bicycle, pulling a hefty trailer and delivering, from scratch, organic soup? We’re a Portland based company that makes and delivers organic soups using local ingredients. Since 2008 we have done over 142,000 bicycle deliveries, and we’re growing!
We are in the midst of our busiest season and need to hire several Back-up Soup Cyclists. We’re looking for energetic, upbeat, and strong-legged people who can brave the winter rains of Portland and still be smiling when they deliver soup to customers.
This is a backup position. There are no guaranteed/set hours. You’ll be fully trained and ready to go for when we have an open shift. The right candidate for this position will already have a flexible schedule and an established income source from another job. Our Back-up Cyclists average 10-25 hours a month.
• Physically able to lift 75 lbs and pedal a bike trailer carrying 215 lbs
• The owner of a sturdy and well-maintained bike to attach to our soup trailer for deliveries (you use your bike, we provide the trailer, and reimburse you for the use of your bicycle).
• A safe cyclist (uses hand-signals, wears helmet, respects drivers, etc)
• Excited about food and sharing that with customers during deliveries.
Possible hours are:
Tuesdays (deliveries): 8am-4pm
Wednesdays (deliveries): 8am-4pm
Thursdays (deliveries): 8am-4pm
Generous soup allowance.
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with a resume and 2-3 paragraphs outlining:
1) Why you’re interested in working for SoupCycle
2) Your bicycling and kitchen experience
3) Your current job situation and availability