Posting Number: OCDT7103
Job Title: Bicycle/Pedestrian Facilities Specialist
Closing date: 02/12/2007
Closing time: 5:00 PM
Job Class: C3147 – Assoc In Engineering 2
Job Hours: Full-time, Flex Schedules
Salary: $3287 – $4932 Monthly
This position provides engineering support for project teams to establish proper project scoping, provide design services, and review plans to ensure that projects are in compliance with the bicycle and pedestrian requirements of the Oregon Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan and ORS 366.514. This position also tracks ODOT expenditures to ensure that the 1% spending requirement is met for bicycle and pedestrian facilities whenever a highway is constructed, reconstructed or relocated.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record, AND
· Must possess a Fundamentals of Engineering certificate (FE) AND one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must answer the following questions in a separate document that you submit with your application materials. There is an attachment upload box near the bottom of the online application form (click “Online Application” below)
1) Describe your experience in designing bikeways and/or walkways.
2) Describe your level of experience with database applications (such as Excel and Access).
3) Describe your level of experience with CAD applications (such as MicroStation and AutoCad).
Qualified applicants whose background most closely matches the needs of the position will be invited to interview.
Oregon Department of Transportation
123 NW Flanders Street
Portland, OR 97209
Fax: (503) 731-3163