Here are a few interesting links I’ve come across lately. Some have a Portland connection, some don’t. I’ll try and make this a regular thing from now on, so if you find a neat link feel free to send it my way.
[Shows distance and
- Portland resident Peter Loewi (photo) is spending the year studying in Japan and he’s got a blog to chronicle his experiences. He posted about this cool Japanese bikeway network sign that includes calories burned along with distances.
- Ayleen and Sara talked with Dumpster Dave and veteran bike messenger Dabby McCrashalot on Wednesday’s KBOO Bike Show.
- Slate.com’s Scott Elder wrote this informative review of bike locks. The winner was none other than the Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit U-lock.
- BTA Policy Director Scott Bricker got his opinion about transportation investment published by the Oregonian.
- A reporter from the Austin-American Statesman gave me a call to ask why Portland is so bike friendly. She published my answer in this article (about half way down the page).