Author profile: Madeleine von Laue (Contributor)
Here are the other 9 articles by Madeleine von Laue (Contributor):
- Vancouver toasts second year sucesses of Bike Clark County (November 20, 2013)
Bike Clark County founder Eric Giacchino.(Photo by J. Maus/BikePortland)
Bike Clark County celebrated its second anniversary with a party Friday night in Vancouver attended by bike activists and enthusiasts from all over the county. And there was also one notable attendee from Portland, author and journalist Jeff Mapes, who journeyed up by bike over the Columbia [...]
- Vancouver residents, speak up for bicycling at Washington State Senate listening sessions (October 1, 2013)
If you think projects like this new buffered bike lane in Vancouver are the right direction for Washington, it's time to make your voice heard.(Photo: Dan Packard)
Do you like the new buffered bike lanes along MacArthur in Vancouver? Want a multi-use path out to Vancouver Lake? How about a 33 mile trail through the [...]
- In Vancouver, bike lovers celebrate restriping of an overbuilt arterial (September 10, 2013)
After months of advocacy and activism, people who use bikes finally have a model transportation corridor along a portion of a major east/west bicycle route.
- Vancouverites energized after successful ride for Lower River Rd project (August 27, 2013)
A big crowd showed up to learn more about the project. (Photos: Jacob Brostoff)
A Washington state legislator, the bicycle-pedestrian coordinator for the Washington State Dept. of Transportation, the mayor of Vancouver and several city council members and council candidates and representatives of the Port of Vancouver and the US Congress were among the more than [...]
- Vancouver advocates plan ride to push timetable on Lower River Road project (August 21, 2013)
Advocates want a safer and more pleasant way to ride along Lower River Road.(Photos: Todd Bachmann)
This story was written by our Vancouver correspondent, Madeleine von Laue.
Bicycle activists in Vancouver are organizing a ride with elected officials along Lower River Road this Friday (8/23). The ride is an attempt to raise support for a project that [...]
- Vancouver readies for first carfree, 'open streets' event (July 1, 2013)
Sunday Streets Alive website.
This article was written by our Vancouver contributor Madeleine von Laue.
Vancouver residents won't have to cross the I-5 bridge to participate in a Sunday Parkways event this summer, nor will runners or skaters or anyone else; the City of Vancouver's very own first Sunday Streets Alive will spin to life August 18, [...]
- Riders cheer City of Vancouver decision for bike lanes on MacArthur (June 21, 2013)
The City of Vancouver has just announced that the entire stretch of MacArthur Blvd from East Mill Plain to South Lieser Road will have a dedicated bike lane.
Thanks to the diligence and perseverance of activists and local bike riders, the city reversed an earlier decision to remove bike lanes and replace them with [...]
- Vancouver residents fight to keep bike lanes on MacArthur Blvd (April 1, 2013)
MacArthur Blvd south of Mill Plain Blvd with MacMcLoughlin Middle School in the background.
- New program gets adults on bikes in Vancouver (May 17, 2012)
Participants in the program pose in front of Human Services Council in Vancouver.(Photos: Human Services Council))
[This story was written by Madeleine von Laue.]
A Vancouver woman has a new job and a new bicycle to get there, thanks in part to a new program that helps job seekers and low-income adults in SW Washington access bicycles [...]