Posted by Jonathan Maus ( Publisher/Editor ) on April 2nd, 2014 at 12:59 pm
General Manager – Puget Sound Bike Share
Alta Bicycle Share
About Puget Sound Bike Share:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Puget Sound Bike Share operates approximately 500 bikes at over 50 stations.
Overview of Position:
Alta Bicycle Share, operator of Puget Sound Bike Share, is seeking a General Manager to oversee all aspects of ongoing operations.
Key Aspects of Position:
• Oversee all aspects of Puget Sound Bike Share operations including membership and corporate sales, customer service, vendor, and client interaction.
• Hire, train, schedule, and manage employees.
• Manage multiple subcontracts.
• Maximize membership revenues for bike share system working with marketing partner and client.
• Execute, develop, and share operational best practices.
• Identify and share opportunities for efficiency.
• Identify and address key strategic barriers and opportunities critical to the success of local operations.
• Forecast revenues and expenses, and manage a budget.
• Ensure contractual obligations are met or exceeded.
• Ensure reporting metrics are met, and where needed, improved.
• Ensure reporting is complete and timely delivered to project officers and managers.
• Ensure a positive relationship between Alta Bicycle Share and Puget Sound Bike Share project officers.
• Ensure overall success and future growth of Puget Sound Bike Share.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• College degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Transportation or related field.
• Minimum 7 years of experience managing staff, contractors/vendors, and clients in a fast paced environment, including experience inspiring and motivating employees to successfully achieve operational goals.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to report for work at the Puget Sound Bike Share office/warehouse location, as needed.
• This position may require sitting and/or standing, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
• This position may require hours which exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
• This position may require travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Graduate degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Transportation or related field.
• Experience in logistics or transportation industries is a plus.
• Passion for bikes, efficiency, or sustainability is a plus.
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta Bicycle Share’s Mission.
Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and
strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Alta Bicycle Share is a drug-free workplace.
How to Apply
Please follow the link below to apply through our website: